The INTRAC™ 505 Antenna Controller Unit enables satellite earth station antennas to accurately track geosynchronous satellites with orbital inclinations up to and beyond 10. The unit offers superior tracking integrity with practically any antenna C or Ku-Band up to 35 meters in diameter. The antenna controller unit uses the INTRAC (INtelligent TRacking Antenna Control) algorithm which has been developed and refined over a 20 year period. It provides a tracking accuracy equivalent to a monopulse controller at a fraction of the cost. It offers exceptional immunity to propagation disturbances and fades, maintaining reliable pointing accuracy even at low angles of elevation in regions of high scintillation. The INTRAC 505 is compatible with INTELSAT and EUTELSAT SCPC tracking specifications. It is able to tolerate signal fluctuations that defeat step track and memory track controllers and is resilient to loss of tracking signal, the unit will maintain tracking integrity for blackout periods up to 72 hours. The non-volatile memory ensures that accurate tracking is resumed after power failure.
The unit is simple to install, reducing set up costs. It features full remote monitoring and control via an RS232 / RS422 interface and supports a wide range a range of front panel selectable operating modes, including satellite acquisition and operation in program track mode using INTELSAT IESS-412 or NORAD data. The INTRAC 505 has a very high angular resolution capability and with suitable resolver position transducers it can determine movements as small as 2 seconds of arc (19 bits). The INTRAC 505 offers dual axis and polarization control. It can drive both axes simultaneously while maintaining an average tracking signal degradation less than 0.05dB.
The INTRAC™-505 supports a full range of motor controllers (drive cabinets), including MC381, MC382 and MC392 models, that will handle single and dual wound motors. These include single and dual speed contactor drives, single and dual speed variable frequency drives and continuously variable speed servo drives. Counter torque servo drives are available for large installations. The motor controllers are available for motor systems up to 15hp using ac motors from 110V to 415V or dc motors. The INTRAC™-505 also offers a wide range of auxiliary output options and interlocks, including stow pin drive and electromagnetic and dc injection braking.
The INTRAC™ 505 features a large, multi-line backlit display and can be supplied with an integral L-Band beacon receiver.
- High performance, maximum flexibility and high reliability for antennas up to 35 meters in diameter
- INTRAC™ orbit modelling algorithm offers the highest tracking Integrity
- Accurately tracks satellites with orbital inclinations up to and beyond 10°
- Average tracking signal degradation less than 0.05dB
- Accepts very high resolution resolver transducers down to 2 arc seconds (19 bits)
- Compatible with INTELSAT and EUTELSAT SCPC tracking specifications
- Tolerates signal fluctuations that defeat step track and memory track controllers
- Resilient to tracking signal loss, maintaining integrity for up to 72 hours
- Non-volatile memory ensures tracking is resumed after power failure
- Full M&C control via RS423 / RS422 interface and optional Ethernet interface
- We supply free-of-charge proprietary RCM application for remote control and monitor of the Intrac 505 unit via its either serial or Ethernet interface. The software package is installed on the Windows operating system