The Highest Data-Rate modem available in a CubeSat-compatible package
LiteWave represents the industry’s highest data-rate satellite modem in a Cubesat footprint. This CCSDS-compliant, DVB-S2/S2X modem is software defined and was specifically designed for extremely low-SWaP applications, be it satcom-on-the-move (SOTM), UAVs or satellites.
LiteWave supports a variety of electrical interfaces and communications protocols, ensuring compatibility with all CubeSat & SmallSat ecosystems. The modem includes a protocol-agnostic mode where any type and format of data can be transmitted and received transparently.
DVB-S2/S2X, the most spectrally-efficient waveform available, provides 2-3 times the throughput of Viterbi/Reed-Solomon or, alternatively, similar throughput with much lower transmit power.
The Viterbi/Reed-Solomon and DVB-S2/S2X implementations support the CCSDS protocol, so existing CCSDS solutions can be upgraded to use DVB-S2/S2X without the need to change any data processing on the satellite or on the ground.
The onboard H.265 image/video compression engine ensures maximum efficiency of data downloads from imaging payloads on airborne and space-based platforms.
- Data rates up to 1Gbps
- Modulations up to 1024QAM
- Direct VHF/UHF/IF/L/S/C-band support
- DVB-S2 & DVB-S2X waveforms
- CCSDS Viterbi-RS & CCSDS DVB-S/S2/S2X
- H.265 image & video compression
- 128GB payload mass storage option
- Data interfaces: Gigabit Ethernet, LVDS, SDI/ASI, USB3, SpaceWire, RS485, UART, CAN, I2C & SPI
- Can host third-party apps (5G/IoT/edge computing / cloud computing, etc.)
- Radiation tolerant option
- Unique DVB-S2/S2X OQPSK option for low transmit power
- Transmit predistortion (reduces required power)
- -40ºC to +85ºC operation